Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
- How do we collect information from you?
- What Kind of Information is Stored?
- How and why is your information used?
- Data Processing (EEA visitors only)
When you use our website we collect information about you from cookies and the personal information that you provide. We also collect the following types of information.
Information you give us directly
For example, we might get information when you fill out a contact form or when you register to receive our newsletters.
Information you give us indirectly
Your information may be shared with us from third parties, which might include:
- Google Analytics
We also collect the following information on our site:
- Technical information: this included the country you are from, your device type that you use to browse the site, your operating system and browser and so on. We use this information to improve your experience on the site. For example, we can make the site render better on Google Chrome browsers.
- Other information: we also collect information on the pages and blog posts you visit, how long you spend on pages, and where you came from (e.g. we can work out if you visited from another site).
- Contact data: when you fill out a form we receive personal information that you choose to share
On our forms, the personal information we use includes
- your name and contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number);
- your job title
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance your IP address and geographical location;
- any other personal information shared with us
We do not collect or store sensitive information.
Please Note: this site is not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us so that we may delete the information.
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the services, products or information you asked for
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into with us
- recording our relationship
- so that we can understand how we can improve our services
- notifying you of changes to our services
- sending you communications that you have requested and may be of interest to you
- processing job applications
How long is your information kept for?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or pass your information to third parties. However, we may disclose your information to third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy. These third parties may include those working on our behalf.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers including agencies working on behalf of us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example sending you emails from CEC). We only disclose necessary personal information. We do not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes.
We rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email or to call you.
- Performance of a contract: Where we are entering into a contract with you
- Legitimate interests: Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate interests
We consider our legitimate interests at CEC to include the following:
- send email communications which we think will be of interest to you;
- enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services /communications for the benefit of our customers; and
- understand better how people interact with our website.
We’re committed to putting you in control of your data so you’re free to change your marketing preferences (including to tell us that you don’t want to be contacted for marketing purposes) at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted and will only retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
Keeping your information safe
- You have a right to request access, adjustments and deletions to the data we hold about you and you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold. If you want to access your information, please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by email to the address provided.
- You have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of some or all of your personal information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete some or all of your personal information.
- If we are processing your personal information (1) based on your consent, or in order to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and (2) the processing is being done by automated means, you may ask us to provide it to you or another service provider in a machine-readable format.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us at email@example.com.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organizational controls are in place to protect it.
HubSpot, which provide services to us under contract, are based in other countries that may not have equivalent privacy and data protection laws to the country in which you reside. When they store information in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, they make use of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, European Commission-approved standard contractual data protection clauses, binding corporate rules for transfers to data processors, or other appropriate legal mechanisms to safeguard the transfer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.