The Cayman Enterprise City (CEC) ‘Summer in the City’ internship programme is open to Caymanians and residents of the Cayman Islands between the ages of 17-25 and lasts for one to two months during the summer. Every year we aim to place 20+ young people in internships with CEC and throughout the three special economic zones which include, Cayman Tech City, Cayman Maritime & Aviation City, and Cayman Commodities & Derivatives City. Areas of placement include:
- Internet Technology
- Media & Video Production
- Science & Technology
- Commodities & Derivatives
- Maritime & Aviation Services
To participate, students must complete a 20-25 minute online survey. Once a match has been made, successful candidates will be invited to come in for an interview with CEC and/or the zone organisation. Please note that answers submitted in the online application will be shared with CEC zone companies. We will do our very best to match everyone who applies but cannot guarantee that all applicants and interviews will be successful.
The deadline to apply to the 2018 Summer in the City internships programme has now passed. For more information about the 2019 programme and to be added to the Enterprise Cayman mailing list please email Kaitlyn Elphinstone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer in the City 2018 – Important Dates
- 31 March 2018 – Deadline to apply
- 9-20 April 2018 – Interviews are held (students studying abroad may interview by telephone)
- 20 April 2018 – Placements to be confirmed
- May-August – Internship placements take place
- 20 July 2018 – Summer in the City Networking Event (details to be announced)