Is An Offshore Company Right for Me?
Some FAQs about opening a Business in the Cayman Islands Special Economic Zone
Not sure if your company qualifies for the SEZ? If you qualify for a work visa? What school in Cayman are like? Read on! Have another question? Contact us.
Opening a Business in the SEZ
- No corporate, income, sales or capital gains tax
- 100% foreign company ownership permitted
- A 3-4 week fast-track business licencing regime
- Renewable 5-year work/residency visas granted in 5 days
- Cutting-edge IT and business infrastructure
- Offshore hosting & payment gateway
- An appropriately regulated environment
- No Government reporting or filing requirements
- A tech cluster with massive cross-marketing opportunities
- A skilled labour force and easy recruitment procedures
- ’One-stop-shop’ administration services
- Easy access & direct flights to the U.S., Canada, & London
- A catalyst for rapid international growth
- Warm, sunny climate year-round
- A fantastic high-quality island lifestyle
Certain business activities within the following industries qualify for the Zone, and a CEC Business Development Manager would be very happy to discuss the intended activities of the company with you.
- Internet & technology, including green and environmental tech
- Biotechnology and life sciences
- Media, marketing, film, broadcasting and telecommunications
- Commodities & derivatives including trading and investment management
- Maritime Services
Running Your Company in Cayman
Our packages offer everything from comfortable co-workspace, to small private lockable offices, to large custom designed office suites, floors or entire buildings.
- A workstation in a co-working suite
- Fully-serviced turn-key offices
- Customized office space tailored to your large company needs
Your offshore business package includes the following:
- A Trade Certificate (the license to operate in the Zone)
- Zone Employment Certificates (5 Year Work/Residency Visas for staff)
- Access to all Zone business centre facilities
- Fully-furnished and serviced office space or un-serviced if you wish
- Water, electricity, sewerage fee, security, janitorial, parking and service fees
- Use of shared meeting rooms, kitchen, dedicated phone number, Internet, phone handsets, shared receptionist who receives all in-bound calls, mail services and boardroom bookings on your behalf
- Use of document management machines including printers/fax/copiers/scanners and shredders*
Some limitations of registering your company in the Zone are:
- A Zone Company is not allowed to trade directly with the local Cayman market
- Employees with visas from CEC companies are expected to work only from the company’s offices or other buildings within the Zone.
- Foreign employees of zone companies on Zone Employment Certificates cannot take a job concurrently in a non-zone company as one cannot hold both a ZEC and a work permit at the same time. Caymanians can however work both inside the Zone and outside the Zone.
- The nature of the business activities undertaken, must be as per those specified on your application form.